Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My New Oven...


Finally, I have a new oven! My old one cooked so uneven it was frustrating to say the least; everything took twice as long to cook. I can't believe the features this oven has, 7 baking levels, 3 racks and a proofing feature for yeast breads and such. My DH said we should make sure it worked and maybe I should make some brownies, LOL! Yes, it worked and they were done at the time the recipe indicated. I compete in figure competitions and my next one is in 2 weeks. I can't have anything good to eat, just clean eating for a few more days; but wait until it's over, I will be baking all the time. Well, not all the time, I still have to eat healthy. Don't get me wrong, I don't make recipes healther, I make them with full butter, sugar and such. Desserts or treats are just not an everyday occurance, so when I make them, I enjoy them! Today is the 4th of July and I am making a 3 berry crisp; yes, (I know I shouldn't), I will have a small serving, it is a holiday afterall.

No comments: