Sunday, July 27, 2008

My New Love, Friands...

I found a post about a tutorial on making French Macaroons, went to the site and found an online Dessert Magazine (free) with incredible dessert recipes and photos. The first recipe to catch my eye was Summer Berry Friands, WOW. These were quick to put together, and tasted wonderful. I could not find friand pans and was not paying $3 - $4 for timbal pans, for a recipe I had never tried; so, at Crate & Barrel they had 2.75 ounce condiment cups for .95 cents. I bought 8 and they worked great! I have since found silicone friand sheets for $18.00 and may purchase them that way. The tutorial for the macaroons is informative and I plan on making some soon.

Ready for the oven...
Just finished baking!







4 comments:

Jules Someone said...

Those are adorable? How did they taste?

Fit Chick said...

They tasted very light and spongy. The almonds came through but not too much; and the raspberries were just the right touch. I will make again but not fill the cups as much and they should have a better crown. Thank you for your comments

Helene said...

Very well done!!

Unknown said...

We would like to feature your friands on our blog. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

You can view our blog here:
blog.keyingredient.com/