Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Chocolate Pudding

This is my first TWD recipe and it turned out great! My DH gets to eat the lions share of the pudding; and from his comments after eating the first ramekin I don't think it will last very long. I like using the bittersweet chocolate because the pudding did not have that cloyingly sweet taste. I made the recipe as written but did have a problem with too much liquid in the food processor. Dorie's directions indicated to add the warm milk mixture slowly while the processor was running; I have a 14 cup food processor and I had to stop adding the milk or it would have overflowed. I had just under 1 cup more milk to add, so I just finished the whole pudding in the sauce pan with no problems. I topped the pudding with unsweetened whipped cream and grated a bit of bittersweet chocolate on top. This would be excellent in a tart or pie shell, with whipped cream on top! I think I will use chocolate with coffee flavor next time for a different taste.







Getting Ready...





Cooking...











Ready for the refrigerator...








15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to TWD! Your pudding looks fantastic and your a lucky one to have a willing participant to help with the eating. Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Your pudding looks great ~ I loved that it wasn't so sweet either. Welcome to TWD!

Bumblebutton said...

Creamy and delicious, for sure! Welcome to TWD!

Teanna DiMicco said...

Welcome to TWD! Your pudding looks fantastic! It looks like you'll fit right in!

Unknown said...

Welcome to TWD! Gorgeous presentation of your pudding!!!

Have a delicious day :)

Melissa said...

Welcome! It looks wonderful!

Amy said...

Welcome to TWD!!! Your pudding looks delicious! Great Job!

Pamela said...

Welcome to TWD! The pudding does look really good! Looking forward to see what you do next week.

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Welcome to TWD! Gorgeous swirl on top of that pudding. I'm with you, I think the coffee flavor would be delicious.

Rebecca
http://www.ezrapoundcake.com

Jacque said...

Looks like your first TWD was a resounding success! Welcome!

Christine said...

Rich and delicious, great job on the pudding! Welcome to TWD!

Prudy said...

Big Welcome. Congrats on being able to balance both of your hobbies! Pudding looks great.

Susie Homemaker said...

Welcome to the group!! That pudding looks great, and you Hub is one lucky guy!!

Bungalow Barbara said...

Lovely pudding! Welcome!

Di said...

I agree that some coffee flavor would be nice. I'm thinking I'll add some instant espresso powder with the dry ingredients next time I make this. Welcome to TWD!