Sunday, January 17, 2010

SMS: Lemon (Orange) Walnut (no nuts) Sour Cream Pound Cake.....


With all the great reviews I had to make this pound cake!  I made mine with oranges because I had two I needed to use and I was too lazy to walk out back and pick lemons.  Left out the nuts since I will be sending this to work with DH and I know there are a few co workers that don't do nuts.  This was amazing; beautiful crumb, nice flavor and a perfect glaze.  I made a mini loaf for DH and me and used a 2 pound loaf pan for the other.  Needless to say the mini didn't last very long, LOL.  You could use any citrus for this cake; I think lime might be good next time.  Thanks to Raeann, who just got back from the Bahamas, of Basically, Baby Boots for picking an easy and delicious recipe.  Check out her blog for the recipe and Lenny Kravitz!!!

7 comments:

Susan said...

Your cakes look great! Love the mini!

k.a.r.e.n said...

I used oranges too!!! Great looking minis.

Leslie said...

You're right, lime would be excellent! But I want to try it with orange too. This one was delicious, wasn't it?

Nina said...

YUMMY. I would love to try this with orange!

Rosy said...

Ooo, looks so good and I bet the orange was delicious!

Mermaid Sews said...

Yeah, I thought this cake was amazing. Love your glaze, looks so good.

Eliana said...

This cake was indeed amazing. I think next time I will try it with orange like you.