Sunday, October 18, 2009

SMS: Spiced Pumpkin Cookie Cakes

This has been pumpkin week, I made Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes for the MS:CC on Thursday and used the left over pumpkin for the SMS recipe; I just love using up ingredients. These cookies reminded me of the cupcakes I made last week, spicy, moist and yummy! Easy recipe with no issues.

I make French macrons occasionally and have a "cheat sheet" to make them all the same size; I just put the parchment paper on top, pipe the batter and you have perfect sized cookies. Even the piping tip was the same size! My cookies took the full 15 minutes and I feel they could have used maybe another minute or so. The frosting was a cream cheese based recipe, so I decided to use the left over frosting from the cupcakes; I just added orange zest and orange extract to the frosting and it was very good.

The recipe made 68 cookie halves and DH is taking ALL of them to work tomorrow, they are that good. I need them out of the house, LOL.

14 comments:

Shandy said...

Love your cheat sheet! I never thought of putting in orange extract along with the orange zest. What a good idea!

Mrs. G said...

Great trick with the stencil!

Nina said...

wow. I love the stencil. Looks like a good idea!

margot said...

I'm so impressed with your beautiful piping job! Your husband's co-workers will be so happy to have this great fall treat.

Unknown said...

Oh wow, I love, love, love your cheat sheet! I need to make one of those! My cookies were all different sizes and shapes and I had to figure out how to best match them :) Great job - glad these were such a hit!

Anonymous said...

Your cookie cakes look great. Love the cheat sheet!

Katiecakes said...

Excellent cheat sheet! What a great idea!

Katie xox

Lulu the Baker said...

That cheat sheet is genius! I'm going to have to use it if/when I get around to another little baking project I have this month. Thanks for the great tip!!

Karin said...

What a great idea! I had the same problem as Tracy where I was trying to match up all the cookie sizes.

k.a.r.e.n said...

That cheat sheet is exactly what i needed! Good job -- your cookies look fantastic!

Eliana said...

I'm loving your cheatsheet. It gave you perfect cookie cakes.

Melissa said...

Love the cheat sheet and the photos!

Anonymous said...

ooooh, I need to get me one of those cheat sheets!! Care to share where you got 'em?

GREAT looking cookie cakes!!

TeaLady said...

Those look perfect.